Need a show-savvy bass-baritone

  • ken
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2001
      Hi, folks.

      Ken Malucelli from Prince/SF Productions here.

      As many good Bay Area singers read this list service, and as
      this posting does pertain, in part, to singing occasionally
      in an a cappella configuration, I thought I would seek your
      help.

      I have established a new, eight-person Gilbert & Sullivan
      potpourri company, Savoy Express, featuring some of the very
      best Bay Area G&S singers around, and we already have been
      booked for several Bay Area concerts in early 2002 (Burlingame,
      West Marin, Palo Alto), with not only several more shows coming
      in, but the possibilty of very brief tours into northern Cali-
      fornia, Oregon and Washington, during late 2002 and early 2003.
      These gigs, I'm happy to report, will all be paid performances.

      As is the case with busy, in-demand performers, my regular
      bass-baritone now has some scheduling conflicts; so I am in
      serious need of a second-cast replacement...which might actually
      lead to the first-cast slot (this person might have to decline
      other upcoming offers as well).

      As we are casting for a specific part requiring specific
      physical and vocal qualities, the deal candidate should:

      € be in his late 20's-early 30's

      € be attractive and in shape

      € be able to move and dance well on stage

      € have an operatically trained bass-baritone voice

      € have a good low F and a sweet mp-p head voice high E

      € have some stage experience singing lead/support roles

      € be convincing at play younger and older characters

      € have some knowledge of the G&S repertoire and style, or
      be able to take direction easily

      € be available for evening rehearsals and some weekends

      € be able to travel out of the Bay Area for very brief tours
      during 2002-2003

      If you or anyone you know would be an appropriate candidate,
      please contact me directly: Ken@....

      Thanks very much for your assistance!
      KM