seeking harmony goddess

  • irinarivkin@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
      Making Waves, a personal-political original women's vocal ensemble,
      which has recently been touring and performing as a trio, is
      considering expanding to a quartet again.

      Do you love to sing, rehearse, and perform with other women? Can you
      blend in intricate harmony, then jump into vocal percussion or an
      improvisational lead? Does your voice express your heart, your
      passion, and your convictions? Can you commit to a weekly rehearsal
      and regular performances?

      We sing all-original songs -- both songwriters and non-songwriters
      welcome. Reading music is not important, but a good ear for creating
      and singing harmony is. Be part of a sweet, soulful, and rockin'
      blend of voices to express and inspire personal and social change!

      Making Waves: Singing out truth in multiple-part harmony
      First organized around an original song in support of community radio
      station KPFA's struggle, this women's vocal ensemble continued, in a
      variety of incarnations, to inspire audiences through it's powerful
      lyrics and intricate harmonies. Based in the East Bay, they have
      performed locally and toured the West Coast, performing in venues
      such as Ashkenaz, Kuumbwa Jazz Center, Freight and Salvage, East Bay
      and Humboldt LGBT Pride Celebrations, and La Peña. They have shared
      stages with SONiA, Laura Love, Gwen Avery, Rebecca Riots, Margie
      Adams, Pamela Means, Alice Di Micele, Irene Farrera, & Julia
      Making Waves is Irina Rivkin, Kim Hoeninghaus, and Rebecca Crump.
      "When I hear Irina's music, I feel as though I am hearing the voice
      of our ancestors. Deep, inspired, & passionate, her richly textured
      arrangements make the songs both urgent & enduring." (Andrea
      Pritchett of Rebecca Riots)

      For info/audition, please call(510) 524-3545 (before 11 p.m.).
      Please also send or drop off tape or cd to 1839 Rose Street,
      Berkeley, CA 94703. It's ok if it's a rough recording, studio-
      quality not necessary. Thanks.
      Feel free to pass this announcement on!