New Improved End-Of-Summer Sunday Sing! (Sept. 13)

  • Ken Purchase
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 1998
      (warning: there is NOT a sunday sing on labor day weekend - it's the
      following weekend)

      Hey folks!

      It's the all-new, totally-improved, end-of-summer-is-nearing, all-out,
      calcium-enriched Sunday Sing! (okay, so I made the calcium thing up).

      We'll meet Sunday September 13, in Mountain View, CA, directions below.

      This week we'll feature a lot of very cool songs, some new and some
      greatest hits, and a special mystery guest group! It's guaranteed to
      impress.

      At the Sunday Sings, we get together and sing!!! It's a big
      sing-along, mostly from the CASA Songbooks and stuff out of the CASA
      library, which include a lot of fun stuff, oldies and a cappella
      standards, and even whatever the anyone brings that they want to sing.
      We include warmups, barbershop tags, circle singing, ad-lib stuff,
      cookies, and well, you name it (yes, sometimes we even sing Zombie
      Jamboree).. There are no limits on the genres or styles of music.
      All are welcome, and the whole thing is just for the fun of singing a
      capella.

      A couple of dollars may be collected at the door to cover the costs of
      copying music, etc.

      If anyone has any other music you'd like to bring along, please either
      bring 20 copies, or get the music to me for copying.

      Also, many Sunday Singers are getting together to form new groups in the
      south bay area. Email me if you're interested (purchase@...)

      Thanks!
      Ken

      CALENDAR:
      The first Sunday of every month, with the exception of January, July &
      September (second Sunday), as follows:

      Sunday 09/13/98 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to Labor Day)
      Sunday 10/04/98 3:00-5:00 Guests: Press Any Key
      Sunday 11/01/98 3:00-5:00 Guests: Improv group or Red Shift (unconfirmed)
      Sunday 12/06/98 3:00-5:00 Special pre-holiday edition.
      Sunday 01/10/99 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to New year)

      DIRECTIONS:

      Cafe Iris, Building 5 Lower, Silicon Graphics main campus, Mtn View

      From 101S:
      exit at Shoreline Blvd
      turn left at the top of the exit ramp onto Shoreline
      continue on Shoreline to the 4th stop light
      (Stierlin Court-there's a big red sculpture on the corner)
      turn right onto the SGI campus
      B5 is the 4th building on the right
      park anywhere
      enter through the double doors at the front corner of the bldg

      From 101N:
      exit at Shoreline Blvd (can be tricky due to the 85 feed)
      turn left at the stop light onto Shoreline
      continue on Shoreline to the 3rd stop light
      (Stierlin Court-there's a big red sculpture on the corner)
      turn right onto the SGI campus
      B5 is the 4th building on the right
      park anywhere
      enter through the double doors at the front corner of the bldg

      You can use the following map to get to SGI:
      http://www.sgi.com/Overview/images/campus_map.jpg