Don't miss Out On A Clef's shows in Sept.

  • jardsp@uclink4.berkeley.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2001
      Out On a Clef is happy to kick off the new season with some great shows.
      Okay... you had the summer to detox from us. Now you need your dose of
      more satire, deranged lyrics, and sick & twisted fun from your favorite
      lesbian a cappella vocal quartet. There are even opportunities for you to
      participate with us. Below are 3 terrific events for September. Mark your
      calendars. See you soon.

      * *
      * *

      We are excited to join in "BUILDING A WORLD TOGETHER" in concert with our
      hosts, the Oakland East Bay Men's Chorus' Second Anniversary Pride Concert.

      Saturday, September 8th, 8:00 pm
      First Congregational Church
      2501 Harrison St. at 27th St.
      Oakland
      Parking and disabled access behind the church
      Donation: $ 12 advance: by web at www.oebgmc.org; by mail or phone by
      calling 510-239-2239 x2576; in person at Mama Bears Bookstore, 6536
      Telegraph Ave., Oak.
      $ 15 at door
      Performers include:

      Oakland East Bay Men's Chorus
      Lesbian/Gay Chorus of San Francisco
      Opus Q - East Bay Men's Chorale
      SDK
      Silicon Valley Gay Men's Chorus
      Out On a Clef

      An evening full of vocal exuberance which will benefit the Center for AIDS
      Services, Lighthouse Community Center, Pacific Center for Human Growth,
      Rainbow Community Center.

      * *
      * *

      WOMEN'S TALENT NIGHT season is coming again to the Montclair Women's
      Cultural Arts Club, the Third Thursday of each month, beginning in
      September. Always fun, always different, the evening is open for you to
      share your talents and/or excellent audience skills, and meet lots of great
      women.

      Out On a Clef will kick if off as the September hosts, regaling you with a
      few de-ranged tunes. We'll be joined by special guest Mariah Larkin,
      singer songwriter, who plays an awesome guitar. As always, you will be
      welcomed at the door by Club Stage Manager and dyke extraordinaire Retts
      Scauzillo, who will share the rotated monthly hosting with us and comic
      favorite Monica Grant.

      Thursday, Sept. 20th, 7:00 to sign up as a performer, 7:30 for raucous
      audience members.
      Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club, 7:30 pm, 1650 Mountain Blvd., corner of
      Thornhill in the Montclair District of Oakland, take the Thornhill exit off
      Hwy # 13, one block east of the freeway. Info. 339-1832.

      The scene: A comfortable, intimate living room setting in the salon.
      Works in progress or polished acts are welcome, musicians, poets, story
      telling or any other creative display you'd like to share. No mic, but
      outlets are available if you need to bring small electrical assistance.
      This last sentence always bring lots of interesting questions. A piano is
      available. This event is for women only.

      * *
      * *

      September 28th we join a talented group of women at ROSE STREET HOUSE OF
      MUSIC, Letting Our Voices Be Heard
      8:00 pm
      1839 Rose Street
      Berkeley, near corner of Martin Luther King Jr. Way
      (510) 594-4000 ext MUS
      www.rosestreetmusic.com
      suggested donation: $8-20, $5-7 low income
      scent free for accessibility

      This concert is a benefit for a small sound system for Rose Street House
      and will feature:

      Bern
      Brittany Safranek
      Out on a Clef
      Beth Waters and Adrianne (both on the Wildfire compilation CD)
      Eileen Hazel
      Making Waves
      Vanessa Lowe
      and more!

      Snacks provided

      Rose Street is an entirely volunteer run house concert venue, workshop
      space, and grassroots musical community featuring women singer/songwriters.
      Info/location (510) 594-4000 ext. MUS. www.rosestreetmusic.com