Golden Gate Men's Chorus concerts 8/19 & 21

  • R Kikukawa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13 7:09 PM
      Golden Gate Men's Chorus under the direction of Joseph Jennings,
      begins its 20th season with:

      MODERN MYSTICAL
      Songs for Men's Voices

      We will be presenting a wide range of choral music of the Twentieth
      Century, from luscious traditional works by Ralph Vaughan Williams
      and Pablo Casals, to the more avant garde "Sound Dawn" by Welsh-born
      composer Hillary Tann.

      We'll also be performing some rarely performed pieces by Nordic
      composers including a drunken Swedish wedding toast, the Finnish
      creation story, and settings of poetry by T. S. Eliot that are
      definitely not from "Cats."

      We hope you'll plan to join us as we present a sampling of exciting
      music from the Twentieth Century.

      Sunday, August 19, 2001, 3:00 pm
      Tuesday, August 21, 2001, 8:00 pm

      Most Holy Redeemer Church
      100 Diamond Street @ 18th, San Francisco

      Tickets are $15.00 general admission (cash, check, credit card),
      available:
      * on-line at http://www.ggmc.org
      * at Different Light Bookstore (Castro/18th)
      * by phone at 415-668-GGMC
      * at the door.