Troubadours open for Whiffenpoofs Thursday May 31

  • Katy Gentry
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2001
      The Yale Whiffenpoofs will start out their tour here in the bay area in a
      joint concert with the Piedmont High School Troubadours on Thursday May 31
      at the Piedmont Community Center at 7:30pm. As you all know, the
      Whiffenpoofs is one of the oldest and most famous collegiate college groups
      in the nation. We're incredibly lucky to get a chance for the group to come
      to this area so this is a rare opportunity.

      But wait there's more!

      The Troubadours will be releasing their new CD, Steal Away, at the concert.
      We're a student run high school group and this is our fourth CD. It's a
      great recording including favorites such as songs by the Real Group,
      Manhatten Transfer, Chanitclear, and soem original arrangements. Come
      support high school a cappella groups as well as collegiate programs and
      enjoy a terrific evening of young a cappella!

      Whiffs and Troubs concert
      7:30 pm
      Thursday May 31
      Piedmont Community Center on Highland Ave in Piedmont
      $10 per ticket

      email Katy at katysop@... for more details, directions, and to order
      your very own copy of Steal Away by the Troubadours for only $13.