Upcoming Irina Rivkin & Making Waves shows

  • irinarivkin@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2001
      "Rose Street House of Music Off-site" and Irina Rivkin and Making
      Waves:

      Upcoming performances of Making Waves and its members:
      Core Waves: Irina Rivkin, Rebecca Crump, Kim Hoeninghaus
      Special Guest Waves: Demetra Markis (May 11), Julie Belknap (May
      4&6),Jessica Rice (dates TBA)

      Fri. May 4, Coffee Katz, Sebastopol
      Making Waves featured performers at Monica Grant's open mic &
      showcase

      Sun. May 6, Main Street Station, Guerneville (at Russian River
      Women's Weekend)
      "Rose Street Raw: Women in Musical Community"
      two shows - 5 p.m. & 7 p.m.
      Irina Rivkin & Making Waves, Laura Chandler, Littlebird, Helen
      Chaya,Kristi Martel
      16280 Main Street (707) 869-0501
      $3-5

      May 11, FRIDAY (NOTE CORRECTION BECAUSE FLYER INCORRECTLY
      SAYS "SATURDAY")
      "Rose Street Raw" and "Wildfire" release Extravaganza!
      Women in Musical Community
      "Out of la casa and into La Peña!"
      GWEN AVERY, IRINA RIVKIN AND MAKING WAVES, ERIKA LUCKETT, SHELLY DOTY
      X-Tet
      La Peña Cultural Center ~ 3105 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley
      510/849-2568: $8-$10
      eclectic mix of original singer/songwriters, sexy humor and gospel
      roots, blues, jazz, rock, and acappella
      MORE INFO: www.rosestreetmusic.com
      This is a partial benefit for community radio station KPFA and the
      Rose Street House of Music, a house concert space and grassroots
      musical community featuring women singer/songwriters

      Irina Rivkin and Making Waves
      express introspective, gutsy originals, ranging from stark, intimate
      solo acappella to multi-layered collaborations, singing out truth in
      multiple-part harmony! "When I hear Irina's music, I feel as though
      I am hearing the voice of our ancestors. Deep, inspired, &
      passionate, her richly textured arrangements make the songs both
      urgent & enduring." (Andrea Pritchett of Rebecca Riots)

      Gwen Avery
      Acclaimed by reviewers and dj's, and awarded "OUTSTANDING NEW
      RECORDING" 2000 by the New York City based OutMusic
      (www.outsmusic.com) Gwen connects to her audiences and invites
      participation, with her wild sense of sexy humor and gospel roots, no
      one sits still when this soul sister is in the house, What a voice!
      Check out the great photo of Gwen in this months Girl Friends
      magazine.

      Shelley Doty and her X-Tet band are rock & roll in its best
      tradition: they infuse pop, funk, folk, blues, and jazz with a strong
      dose of passion. There is unmistakable talent in Shelley's great
      original songs and masterful Hendrix edged guitar playing.

      Erika was born in Mexico, raised in Brazil and Venezuela, played in
      the
      Paris subways as a teen and spent nine years touring the jazz and
      world
      music circuit with her fusion band, Wild Mango. After three albums, a
      top ten hit on the Latin Jazz charts, and much critical acclaim,
      she's now touring as a solo artist and released her debut solo
      CD "Tinted Glass" on BirdFish Records.
      --------------------------------

      Note: We're seeking an additional "core wave" / harmony
      goddess to join "Making Waves" (not for these shows, of course).
      Call
      (510) 524-3545 for info.

      ANOTHER NOTE: If you wish to be on the on-site Rose Street House of
      Music mailing list (for Berkeley house concerts), then email
      rosestreetmusic@...
      if you wish to be on making waves mailing list email
      irinarivkin@...
      thanks:o)
      ir