San Jose Choral Project Concerts in May

  • Allan Hughes
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2001
      Choral Concert: "The Heart is the Compass"

      What: The central theme of this concert program revolves around our
      humanity, our spirituality, our musical journey through the last century and
      a glimpse what the 21st-century has to offer us. Selections will include
      works by Stanford, Vaughan Williams, Carl Nielsen, Mechem and the stunningly
      virtuosic "Magnificat" of Giles Swayne. At the center of the program will be
      Zoltan Kodaly's rarely heard "Pange lingua,"as well as world premieres by
      Brent Heisinger, Theodore Lucas and Neil Ginsberg.

      Who: The San Jose Choral Project is a non-profit organization founded in
      1996 by Artistic Director Daniel Hughes. In its fifth season the San Jose
      Choral Project seeks to expand the choral art by striving for excellence in
      high-level choral literature and by bridging the gap between text and music,
      singer and spectator.

      Why: In an age where technology rules so much of our lives, it is more
      important than ever to reconnect to our community and to our spirit.

      When: 8 PM Friday and Saturday, May 18th and 19th.

      Where: Friday, May 18th at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Saratoga,
      and Saturday, May 19th at Mission Dolores Basilica in San Francisco.
      For tickets or information, please call (408) 746-0905 or visit
      www.thesjcp.org

      How Much: Tickets are $15 general seating, $10 student/senior.

      submitted by Allan Hughes, ahughes@...