the end is nigh

  • Cynsa Bonorris
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2001
      Apr 01, 2001

      myriam desiree alyn cynsa

      \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/
      | | | |
      ^ ^ ^ ^
      M A R Y

      S H A Y
      C M R

      dear schmary frens:

      Well, peel us a grape and call us an onion, but we are about
      to make tears of anticipatory despair roll down your cheeks.
      The jig is up, or, we should say: the gig is up. On April
      22nd, at 8pm, at the Freight & Salvage in Berkeley (where else?)
      Mary Schmary is throwing our truly final "Transition Into
      Permanent Hiatus. No, Really!" Concert. This will be the last
      time the Schmaries ever perform together.

      To misquote Dylan Thomas, this is the good night into which we
      will not go gentle.

      Or, in other words: We just couldn't resist having one last
      party before Myriam finishes up her doctorate and thus leaves
      forever for points East and beyond. With us (opening for us)
      will be Dilemma, another great bunch of women/singers with
      serious attitude. It shall be, once again in the words of
      Dylan Thomas, "a serious hoot."

      We've got some new songs for you and some special surprises,
      none of which involve chickens in tiny pants suits, we swear.
      Nope, no chickens. Just good, clean, wholesome family
      entertainment that even grandpappy can enjoy. Assuming
      we likker 'im up, first.

      So if you wish to bid us a final adieu, and also if you
      want to see the fabulous Dilemma open for us, and eat
      tasty desserts at the world's very best coffee-concert-house,
      then join us at the Freight on the evening of Sunday, April 22nd.

      The rest will be history.

      Mary Schmary @the Freight & Salvage
      April 22nd, 2001
      showtime: 8pm (door opens 7:30pm)
      w/ the fabulous Dilemma!
      $15.50/$16.50 at the door

      Tickets via TicketWeb:

      Other ways to obtain tickets:

      Dilemma's Home Page:

      Sumo wrestlers dressed as Sailor Moon:

      ps: the Pome:
      Do not go gentle into that good night,
      Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
      Because their words had forked no lighting they
      Do not go gentle into that good night.

      Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
      Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
      And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
      Do not go gentle into that good night.

      Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
      Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      And you, my father, there on the sad height,
      Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
      Do not go gentle into that good night
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

      --Dylan Thomas

      to be removed from this list, simply email cynsa@... with
      your request. no one has been added to this list w/o their express
      permission or unless someone played a trick on them. please let us
      know if you received this message in error.