Singer sought: "bass" (low alto/tenor range) for lesbian vocal quartet

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2001
      Do you sing low, love harmonizing, have a sense of humor, and would you
      like to perform with an a cappella quartet of fun-loving lesbians who sing
      parodies and complex arrangements?

      WHO WE ARE: Geography and work demands will be taking away our "bass"
      singer soon. Our vocal a cappella quartet, OUT ON A CLEF, has been
      amusing audiences since 1997 in the greater Bay Area and beyond, and has
      gained a nice following. We do a lot of parodies, often with a social
      message and lesbian/gay themes. We strive for tight polished harmonies, in
      the syles of swing, jazz, and barbershop, and are open to other styles as
      well. We also get goofy and have been known to don costumes once in a
      while. We are lucky to be blessed with an in-house musical arranger who
      also "de-ranges" much of our lyrics. Performance schedule varies,
      averaging every month or two. Rehearsals are once a week in the East Bay,
      currently on Tuesday nights, will probably change to Monday nights in the
      future. We are a fun group of women, relaxed and supportive in our
      interactions, but strive for musical perfection.

      WHO WE ARE SEEKING: A lesbian-identified woman with a strong, full, low
      alto (women's "bass") or tenor voice range, blendability as well as
      ability to sing lead in some tunes. Must be a quick learner who has some
      familiarity with reading music. Excellent sense of pitch and good ear for
      harmony are a must. Experience with singing harmony and some stage work.
      Sense of humor and willingness to do light choreography on stage.

      We plan to have the new person fully in place by the end of summer.
      Auditions will begin now and we can phase the person in as we complete our
      Spring and early Summer commitments.

      If this matches you, inquiries can be made to Janet Rachel,
      jardsp@...; or JanetRachel43@..., or by phone at
      510-654-4088.