Performance Opportunity

  • Jane Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2001
      I am coordinating the 16th annual World Croquet Championship at Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards in Windsor, to be held the week of May 13-19. The Finals Day, Saturday, May 19, features a $250-per-person charity event and auction that raises funds for children's charities. In 2000, the auction raised more than $1 million.

      Approximately 1,400 people attend, all dressed in croquet whites. The event includes a gourmet luncheon, fine wine tastings and other fun activities. Two years ago, an acapella group from Yale University performed to the delight of the crowd. I am looking for a Bay Area group that would be interested in performing this year. Because it is a charity event, the budget is somewhat limited. Please contact me at

      jyoung@...

      if you are interested.

      Jane Hodges Young
    • Chuck Kennedy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19 9:46 AM
        I'm entertainment chair for an American Cancer Society event on August 5 in
        Union City. I still have one or two segments open for performers that I
        would like to fill with a cappella groups, if possible.

        This is a 24-hour relay event, but the live entertainment will be limited to
        daylight hours, and the slots I have open are in the afternoon.

        I'm sorry to say that there is no money available for this gig, but it
        should provide a nice sense of satisfaction to good-hearted souls willing to
        gain performance experience and help to raise funds for cancer research.

        I am also looking for someone to be host for a karaoke contest among the
        participants. This host should be familiar with songs from many musical
        genres and eras and be able to give minor assistance to the contestants to
        get them "on track" and "on key". I'm looking for good stage presence and
        the someone who can get up there and run that whole part of the show,
        including audience voting and getting the shy folks to step up to sing.
        Looking more for a Paula Abdul than a Simon Cowell (temperament and
        sensitivity, not gender). It's all for fun (there's no godawful Ford
        commercial in these contestants' future, and I wish there never were one for
        that "I get what I want, possa-billa-dees" scoundrel -- alas, I digress).

        If you're interested in helping out in either of these ways, please contact
        me by email.

        Chuck Kennedy
        chuck@...

        (Look for spamarrest responder if you email me. I check the "unverified"
        folder daily, and I have a backup plan, but still some legitimate messages
        get missed. If you verify, I'll be sure to get your mail. If you don't like
        to do that, I'll probably still get your message, just not as fast.)