Soprano auditions for Walnut Creek group

  • Paul Sinasohn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2001
      Vocal Interchange, an up-and-coming jazz/pop acappella
      group based in Walnut Creek, is seeking a soprano.
      We are a recreational-level group which will be
      performing once a month or so when our new member gets
      up to speed. We rehearse on Thursday nights each week
      for 2 hours.

      We are looking for someone with a sense of humor,
      music-reading ability, and solo potential with a
      strong voice. Ability to write or arrange songs is a plus.
      We also want you to commit to the group for at least one year,
      barring accidents or life changes. We range in age from 30 - 40.

      Our repertoire includes Queen, TMBG (They Might Be Giants),
      Sergio Mendes, Gene Puerling, and similar covers. If you have
      original songs or favorites from your past groups, we
      are very open to adding new numbers.

      Auditions will be in Walnut Creek on a Thursday night;
      you should prep a short solo (or bring a CD from your
      past) and be prepared to learn a part to sing with us.

      For more info, send a note to: VIbass@... or
      call 510-368-1178 in the evenings.

      Paul Sinasohn and/or Denise Gutierrez
      bearitone and hrh.squeak / squeakyone