Hot August Harmony (August 8, Santa Rosa)

  • Ping Huang
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 1998
      The second annual Hot August Harmony will be happening this weekend.

      When: Saturday August 8, 1pm-7pm
      Where: Luther Burbank Center for the Arts, 50 Mark West Springs Rd.
      Highway 101 and River Road, Santa Rosa, CA
      Cost: $15 general and $10 students & seniors; benefit for school music pgms
      Tickets: Luther Burbank Center box office, (707) 546-3600
      Info: Dick, (707) 544-7040; Bill, (707) 829-8520;

      Unfortunately, since the Luther Burbank Center is just renting the
      space for this event, their Web site does not contain any information
      for Hot August Harmony. Anybody who has a comprehensive listing of
      who will be performing, please send it back to the mailing list. At
      least we know the House Jacks and +4dB will be on the bill.

      The Luther Burbank Center Web site at least does have directions:
      <http://www.lbc.net/directions.html>

      Coming North on 101 Freeway:
      Take the 101 North to Santa Rosa (approx. 50 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge)
      The Center is located 5 miles north of Downtown Santa Rosa, just off 101
      Take the River Road/Guerneville exit and turn right on Mark West Springs Road
      Our entrance is 200 yards off of Mark West Springs Road

      Coming South on 101 Freeway:
      Take the 101 South to Santa Rosa (approx. 40 miles from Ukiah)
      Take the River Road/Calistoga exit
      Turn Left on River Road over the Freeway (turns into Mark West Springs Road)
      Our entrance is on the right off of Mark West Springs Road

      --
      Ping Huang -- work: <pshuang@...>; permanent: <pshuang@...>
      http://web.mit.edu/pshuang/.plan PGP: 1906684DD1537EC4 30876EACC18ADFC5

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 1998
        Saturday August 8th 1-7pm
        Luther Burbank Center, Santa Rosa (Hwy 101 and River Rd.)

        The House Jacks - Int'l Acappella champions
        +4Db - Regional Acappella medalists
        All Stars - Tenn Acappella group from CASA's Urban Harmony Movement
        Freestyle - NorCal West Barbershop quartet winners
        Pacific Empire Chorus - Int'l Sweet Adeline medalists
        Bay Area Metro Chorus - Barbershop medalists
        On Q - Regional Sweet Adeline medalists
        Pacific Pride - NorCal West Barbershop quartet medalists

        And many more!

        There will be an open mike for groups to sign up for!
        $15 general, $10 students & seniors
        707-544-7040 or 707-545-2628