Another pair of classical concerts

  • Bartlett, Wendy
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      The Baroque Choral Guild is performing our first set of concerts with our
      new music director, Sanford Dole. We are joining forces with the period
      winds of The Whole Noyse in a festive holiday program, "Christmas at San
      Marco", with works from that great Venetian Basilica.

      Monteverdi - Missa "In illo tempore"
      Giovanni Gabrieli - Hodie Christus natus est
      Giovanni Gabrieli - Exultet jam angelica
      Andrea Gabrieli - Magnificat
      Bassano - Hodie Christus natus est
      Also works by Croce, Gussago, Merulo, Willaert, and Zarlino

      Saturday, December 9th, 8 p.m.
      First United Methodist Church
      Hamilton at Webster, Palo Alto

      Sunday, December 10th, 7:30 p.m.
      First Congregational Church
      Dana between Durant and Channing, Berkeley

      Preview lecture 1/2 hour before each performance.

      Tickets: $20 general, $15 senior/student
      For more information: 408-733-8110 or www.bcg.org