Want to get involved in the CARAs?

  • Jessika Diamond
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2000
      CASA is expanding the CARAs nomination procedures.

      The CARAs - the Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards - celebrate
      the best a cappella released around the planet each year. Awards are
      given in multiple pro categories including pop, jazz, barbershop,
      religious, classical, holiday and more, and categories for high
      school and college groups.

      Each year, a small number of CASA executives wade through everything
      that came in. This year, we've decided to open it up a little to the
      knowledgeable among the community at large.

      We're looking for a few volunteers in the Bay Area with free time the
      first week of January who are willing to drive into the city to our
      office (Polk St.) and listen to lots and lots of great a cappella
      albums. No, these volunteers do NOT need to be singers!

      Please feel free to pass this message along to people you sing with
      who don't read this list.

      If you're interested, please drop me a note stating:

      - What kind of hours you have available (ie, daytimes, evenings, both)
      - What genres you are most interested in being on the committee for,
      or if you're amenable to being a jack-of-all-genres.

      Thanks

      'ka
      Jessika Diamond
      Co-producer, Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards