Sunday Sing - August 2 in Mountain View

  • Ken Purchase
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 10:44 PM
      Hello Singers!
      I can't believe it's August already!

      Once again, it is coming time for the Sunday Sing. We'll meet Sunday
      August 2, 1998, 3-5pm, in Mountain View, CA, directions below. Sings are
      usually the first Sunday of the month, see the calendar below.

      This month we'll feature lots of ad-lib singing games, as well as some
      great charts and general fun. Cool, huh?

      At the Sunday Sings, we stand around and sing!!! It's a big sing-along,
      mostly from the CASA Songbooks and stuff out of the CASA library, which
      include a lot
      of fun stuff, oldies and a cappella standards, and even whatever the anyone
      brings that they want to sing. We include warmups, barbershop tags, circle
      singing, ad-lib stuff, cookies, and well, you name it (yes, sometimes we
      even sing Zombie Jamboree).. There are no limits on the genres or styles
      of music. All are welcome, and the whole thing is just for the fun of
      singing a capella.

      If you'd like to help lead the Sunday sing this time, please contact me.
      I'd like to find a second director so we can break the group up into two
      smaller groups, as was suggested to me last week.

      A few dollars may be collected at the door to cover the costs of copying
      music, etc.

      If anyone has any other music you'd like to bring along, please either
      bring 20 copies, or get the music to me for copying.

      does anyone ever actually read this far down? ;)

      Also, many Sunday Singers are getting together to form new groups in the
      south bay area. Email me if you're interested (purchase@...)

      Thanks!
      Ken

      CALENDAR:
      The first Sunday of every month, with the exception of January, July &
      September (second Sunday), as follows:

      Sunday 08/02/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 09/13/98 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to Labor Day)
      Sunday 10/04/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 11/01/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 12/06/98 3:00-5:00
      Sunday 01/10/99 3:00-5:00 (second Sunday due to New year)

      DIRECTIONS:

      Cafe Iris, Building 5 Lower, Silicon Graphics main campus, Mtn View

      From 101S:
      exit at Shoreline Blvd
      turn left at the top of the exit ramp onto Shoreline
      continue on Shoreline to the 4th stop light
      (Stierlin Court-there's a big red sculpture on the corner)
      turn right onto the SGI campus
      B5 is the 4th building on the right
      park anywhere
      enter through the double doors at the front corner of the bldg

      From 101N:
      exit at Shoreline Blvd (can be tricky due to the 85 feed)
      turn left at the stop light onto Shoreline
      continue on Shoreline to the 3rd stop light
      (Stierlin Court-there's a big red sculpture on the corner)
      turn right onto the SGI campus
      B5 is the 4th building on the right
      park anywhere
      enter through the double doors at the front corner of the bldg

      You can use the following map to get to SGI:
      http://www.sgi.com/Overview/images/campus_map.jpg