Wanted: Women who love to sing

  • Leah Brooks
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2000
      Pacific Empire Chorus is the North Bay's Award-Winning
      Women's A Cappella Chorus

      We are looking for new members:
      Women who Love to Sing!

      Join us on Wednesday, November 1st and 8th
      Sing, dance, laugh and have fun!
      7:00 p.m. at the Petaluma Veteran's Memorial Building
      Call (707)578-TUNE or email leahbrooks@... for more information

      The chorus is made up of 120 women of all ages, backgrounds and
      musical experience. We sing all different kinds of music, from jazz to
      broadway tunes to old fashioned ballads, and we don't sing religious
      music. All of the songs are a cappella, and arranged in 4-part,
      barbershop style. That means the four parts are very closely arranged,
      in very tight harmony. The chorus competes at least once a year with
      other barbershop choruses. It is part of an international organization
      called "Sweet Adelines" that provides many musical educational
      workshops throughout the year. Our director, Jan Gervais, is a master
      director and judge in the organization. When we perform, we dress in
      costume and there is always some dancing and choreographed moves to
      the music. The chorus is a very dynamic, friendly, high energy group
      of women who are passionate about singing and having fun together.

      You are welcome to come hear us any Wednesday, and I encourage you to
      come during our membership drive on Nov 1st & 8th so that you can try
      out the style and decide if it's something you would enjoy.