Seeking Bass

  • Lilly Tao
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 10, 2000
      We're still lookin' for a bass...

      Are you a bass looking for a coed a cappella group based in the
      Peninsula/South Bay?

      We're in our second year and would like to add another bass to reach
      our ideal of eight members. We've had some successful gigs at private
      parties and will be looking for more performance opportunities to keep us
      motivated! Our repertoire is eclectic -- much of it suggested by group
      members -- and we are open to most styles of music. Our goal is to be a
      high-quality group, but still maintain a fun, casual atmosphere. We
      rehearse one evening a week (currently Tuesdays in Los Altos). Ideally
      you read music and have experience singing with a group, but previous a
      cappella experience is not necessary (though a plus, of course).

      Some of the pieces we've performed or are working on:
      And So It Goes (Billy Joel)
      The Way You Look Tonight
      'Round Midnight
      Loch Lomond
      Adiemus

      If you're interested, please email Lilly Tao and Renee Ting
      (ltao@...; renee_ting@...) with a brief
      description about yourself and your vocal experience. We look
      forward to hearing from you!