Out On A Clef is baaack!

  • jardsp@uclink4.berkeley.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6 3:46 PM
      Friends of Out On a Clef:

      Summer's over and we're all back in town. Hope you had a fabulous summer.
      Thanks for your inquiries about our performing schedule. We've got some
      fun stuff coming up and want to share some of it with you. Yep, we have
      some new de-ranged tunes. Broke from your summer vacation? The price is
      right on the events listed here.

      Don't miss this one!
      CELEBRATION: COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE AT THE SF WOMEN'S BUILDING
      A multi-cultural event
      Friday, September 15th, 5:00 to 9:30 pm, we will perform approximately
      6:45, 3rd floor
      3543 18th St., SF (between Guerrero & Valencia)
      FREE! All are welcome.

      This is a celebration of their many services to the women's community and
      their newly renovated building, and we are proud to share the show
      with.....

      ** Shalonda Smith, Handmaiden America, Los Cenzontles, Women's
      Philharmonic, Christina Trujillo, Goapele, and...right after our show....
      at 7:30 headliners The Wild Mango for some hot dancing !!!! Did we mention
      it's free??**

      Not only that, but you'll get to nosh on divine delicacies provided by
      fabulous local merchants and wineries.

      For info., parking, child care, please phone Laurie Earp., call 415-431-2737
      Come celebrate with us this vital center.

      * * * *
      * * *

      THIRD THURSDAY OPEN MIC AT THE MONTCLAIR WOMEN'S CULTURAL ARTS CLUB

      Out On A Clef is happy to announce that we will be co-hosting this event
      with singer/comedian Monica Grant and the multi-talented Rett Scauzillo.
      Each month we will take turns hosting a fun-filled evening of
      entertainment.....maybe even including you!

      If you have a song to sing, poem to share, story to tell, dance to dance,
      puppets to tout, yodel to yell, mime to act, or something heretofore
      undescribed, come and share it with us. Positions also open for supportive
      audience members. The talent has been varied, lovely, sick & twisted,
      sweet, discordant, harmonious, and always performed in a safe, supportive
      cozy salon space.

      $ five bucks gets you an evening of entertainment and friendship.

      Montclair Women's Cultural Arts Club
      1650 Mountain Blvd., off Hwy. # 13, corner of Thornhill, Oakland
      Club phone is 510-339-1832

      On these dates Out On A Clef will host and perform a few tunes:
      Oct. 19, 2000
      Feb. 15, 2001
      May 17, 2001
      But come every month, starting Sept. 21st with Monica Grant who will kick
      off the season. Retts will host Nov. 16th.
      Third Thursday of every month (except December), 7:00 to sign up to
      perform, 7:30 for general audience