Sunday sing reminder

  • Gail Bloebaum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2000
      Hey you fellow a capellicans! Come on down to Santa Cruz and sing with us
      next Sunday.We're fun, we have some great singers.

      S.C.A.T.S. (Santa Cruz A Cappella Talent Showcase)

      Presents: Santa Cruz SCATS Community Sing

      IT's Sunday, July 30th from 2-4 pm at Louden Nelson Community Center, 301
      Center St., Santa Cruz. Corner of Laurel and Center Streets, downtown.

      Admission is $3.00.

      Gather with other singers to jam, harmonize, try out new and old tunes,
      maybe find new members for your group. This is open to anyone from shower
      soloists to serious professionals. Blues, rock, R & B, folk, country,
      jazz, pop, classical, any style welcome.

      Bring 10 copies of a song you love, or any song book, Rise Up Singing is
      particularly good. We will have a piano available for pitches, and basic
      chords. Everyone will get a chance to call or lead a tune.

      This will be ongoing, and we'll meet on the last Sunday of every month.

      For info call Gail Clark from VocaMotion,
      831-427-3963 or 831-459-4085

      Directions to Louden Nelson Center, SCATS Community Sing
      Sunday, July 30th 2-4 pm, $3.00. Call 831-459-9248 if questions arise.

      From San Jose, East Bay, etc:

      Take Hwy 880/17 south to Santa Cruz. Take the Ocean St. Beaches exit,
      which means you'll go straight instead of curving off.
      Stay on Ocean Street, pass Soquel St. to Broadway, which is the 5th or 6th
      lightGo right on Broadway St, go over the river , pass the Fosters Freeze
      on left and look for Center St. Louden Nelson Community center is on the
      corner of Center and Broadway, immediately start looking for parking.
      Parking is in the rear of the building on Maple mostly, or in the
      neighborhood. Be there for warm ups at 2!

      From San Francisco, Palo Alto, west bay, etc:

      Take Hwy 1 (honest it's faster, much safer, and more beautiful by far)
      South to Santa Cruz. Stay on Hwy 1 to Laurel street, which is the 5th
      light. Turn right, and head down the hill to Center St.(2nd light). Go
      left on Center St., and immediately start looking for parking. Parking is
      in the rear of the building on Maple mostly, or in the neighborhood. Be
      there for warm ups at 2!

      From Monterey:

      Take Hwy 880/17 north to Santa Cruz. Take the Ocean St. Beaches exit,
      curve around the fish hook, and then get in the left lane, go straight on
      Ocean St. Stay on Ocean Street, pass Soquel St. to Broadway, which is the