Looking for a Marin singing group!

  • skennedy73
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2013
      Hi all. I am trying to find a local singing group in Marin (I live in Greenbrae), and the Urban Harmony groups seem to no longer exist. Does anyone happen to know of any groups nearby that focus on current popular music and are open to all? I sang in an a cappella group in college but haven't sung with a group in 15 years or so and am looking to get back into it. Thanks!

      -Sarah
    • Martha Crawford M.Ac.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 23, 2013
        YES !
        The Marin group which used to be part of the Urban Harmony movement and was led by Ed Cohn of the Edlos has evolved into Marin Harmony led by Rebecca Jones.

        We rehearse every Monday night 7:30 - 9:30 in the sanctuary of the Lutheran Church of the Resurrection at 1100 Las Gallinas Ave. in Terra Linda.
        No audition is required.
        Dues are $25/mo, paid as $75/quarterly.

        Our repertoire includes the great popular music from the 30's thru the 70's: Beatles, Motown, jazz standards, Doo Wop, etc. Nothing really "current"

        Contact: Rebecca Jones rojones@... 415-453-8237