Auditions Camerata Choir of Grace Cathedral - Especially Altos and Sopranos

  • grvisgitus
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2013
      Camerata Choir of Grace Cathedral Auditions

      More information: Lawrence Thain
      E-mail: lawrencet@...
      Tel: (415)-749-6331
      Web site: http://www.gracecathedral.org/church/overview/music/
      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GraceCathedralCamerataChoir

      Camerata Choir of Grace Cathedral, a mixed 24-voice chamber choir, is open for auditions. Our main responsibility is providing choral evensong on Sundays at 3 o'clock from September through early June. Occasionally, we will sing the Sunday morning 11 o'clock Eucharist service or another special service. Even if you already sing in a Sunday morning choir, or direct a choir, you can still be a member of Camerata and join us in singing wonderful repertoire in one of the most magnificent, majestic and beautiful places of worship in the nation.

      Camerata has become an outstanding musical ensemble since its inception in the fall of 2005. Our weekly rehearsals are on Wednesday evenings from 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Camerata sings a diverse repertoire of medieval chant, renaissance and baroque motets, Anglican anthems and newly composed sacred works.

      Interested singers should have choral experience, read music, and be committed to regular rehearsal attendance. Our season is September to the first week in June. This is an excellent opportunity to offer one's musical gifts in a vitally important ministry to the Cathedral community. Cathedral membership is not required.

      Auditions are held by appointment. You will be requested to sing a prepared piece of any style that shows your vocal ability and musicality (a hymn or classical selection), and also do some vocalizing and sight-reading. The audition lasts approximately 15 minutes. An accompanist will be provided. There are openings for all voices.

      Camerata's director is distinguished organist, Lawrence Thain, who has been the Organ Scholar at New College, Oxford, England and is currently the newest member of Grace Cathedral's Music Staff.

      Grace Cathedral Choir House
      1112 Jones Street
      San Francisco CA, 94108 USA