Helping the Community of Voices research project (S.F.)

  • Helene Whitson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2013
      Helping the Community of Voices research project Greetings, All:

      I am asking your assistance in helping Dr. Julene Johnson, Professor at the University of California, San Francisco Institute for Health and Aging and UCSF Center for Aging in Diverse Communities, with her Community of Voices project research:  http://CommunityOfVoices.org/home/.  The Community of Voices project is studying “whether singing in a community choir is a cost-effective way to promote health and well-being among culturally diverse older adults.  Participants in the study will sing in a choir for one year and complete several health assessments.”  This is a project that will benefit all of us, since health, well-being, and older all are terms that will apply to each of us at one time or another.

      Dr. Johnson is compiling a current list of local groups.  She needs to know the following information:

      Chorus Name:

      Music Director:

      Chorus Mailing Address:

      Chorus email address:

      Chorus website:

      If you could send this information to her assistant, Shivani Doraiswami, at miss_shivi_d@..., I know she will be most grateful, and you will be helping research.

      Thank your for your assistance in this matter.

      Cheers,
      Helene Whitson

      Helene Whitson
      President, San Francisco Lyric Chorus
      Co-Author, San Francisco Bay Area Chorus Directory
      Founder, San Francisco Bay Area Choral Archive
      1824 Arch Street
      Berkeley, California  94709
      510-849-4689
      hwhitson@...