Audition to Sing Rachmaninoff's ALL-NIGHT VIGIL with SF Choral Society!

  • Marilyn McDonald
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2013

      Please scroll down for a text-only version of this message…

      AUDITIONS for The San Francisco Choral Society― ROBERT GEARY, Artistic Director

      Sergei Rachmaninoff’s ALL-NIGHT VIGIL (sometimes called his “Vespers)

      This a cappella masterwork dates from 1915, and is regarded as the

      greatest musical achievement of the Russian Orthodox Church— as well as perhaps Rachmaninoff’s finest accomplishment. It was certainly one of the composer’s favorites, and he asked that a portion of it be performed at his own funeral.

      AUDITIONS: please email alankleinschmidt@...

      to choose one of the following time slots:

      Tuesday, August 27 at 7pm / 8pm / 9pm

      Lakeside Presbyterian Church, 201 Eucalyptus at 19th Avenue , SF

      REHEARSALS: Tuesdays starting September 3, 7 to 10pm, same location

      CONCERTS: November 15 at 8pm / November 16 at 8pm

      St. Ignatius Church, San Francisco

      The SAN FRANCISCO CHORAL SOCIETY

      Our Mission : To be a premier symphonic chorus, inspiring and enriching people’s lives through the joy and power of choral music

      WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT US:

      The San Francisco Choral Society: “Intoxicating and powerful” The San Francisco Chronicle

      "You can count on hearing some high-quality choral music, as Artistic Director Robert Geary and his Society have certainly proven over the years." San Francisco Classical Voice

      Now in our 24th year, the San Francisco Choral Society is one of the most accomplished choral organizations in the Bay Area. Our repertoire includes Mendelssohn, Brahms, Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Britten, Schubert, Orff, Dvořák... and is always growing!