Like to sing? check out Anythng Goes Community Singing Nights May 9 (SF) or May 22 (Oakland)

  • Jesse Golden
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2013
      Please share this with friends who like to sing and might enjoy an auditioned chorus.

      Would you like to try out the Anything Goes Chorus and find out if it’s a good fit for you?

      We are inviting friends, former AGC members and other singers in the Bay Area to join us for an evening of singing at our second annual Community Singing Nights:
      • Thurs May 9 7:30-9:30 PM at the Community Music Center, 544 Capp Street, San Francisco (near 20th & Mission)
      • Wed. May 22, 7:30-9:30 PM at the First Congregational Church, 2501 Harrison @ 27th St. in Oakland.

      We’ll sing a few favorites from the pop, jazz, Broadway and a cappella genres that AGC is known for, learn some rounds and try new tunes for everyone to sing together.  It will be a fun and festive evening of meeting new singers, reconnecting with old friends, and making music together.

      Oakland AGC is currently a group of about 25-30 singers. There is an easy camaraderie among the singers and a sense of supportive community. Members must be able to read music and hold their own in four-part harmony. We’re working to enlarge and strengthen the chorus and to develop a wider range of songs, create small ensembles and feature sectional solos within songs. There are sectional rehearsals for each voice part once during each of the three seasons; Fall, Winter and Spring. (We are on hiatus in the month of August). AGC performs an Annual Concert in the spring at a major venue combining both San Francisco and Oakland choruses. The recent 32nd Annual Concert in March of this year was a rousing success with 400 people in attendance. In addition, there are "Works in Progress" Performances in the fall and summer at assisted living facilities.  There is a monthly fee paid by chorus members to the director. For more information about the 2012/13 season please go to http://www.ellenrobinson.com/choral_anythinggoes.htm

      Please spread the word to those who enjoy singing and ask them to let me know if interested in attending either Community Singing Night. Thanks!

      - Jesse Golden jessegolden@...