San Francisco: Golden Gate Men's Chorus spring concerts

  • tigger8252
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2013
      Golden Gate Men's Chorus spring concerts:
      "Son of Man"

      Sunday, May 5, 2013, 2 PM (Mission Santa Clara)
      Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 8 PM (Mission Dolores Basilica)
      Sunday, May 12, 2013, 2 PM (Mission Santa Clara)
      Tuesday, May 14, 2013 at 8 PM (Mission Dolores Basilica)

      Mission Dolores Basilica
      3321 16th Street (at Dolores), San Francisco

      Mission Santa Clara
      500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara

      Tickets are available online at www.ggmc.org (San Francisco) or www.pwchorus.org (Santa Clara) for $25 General / $50 VIP seating (SF) $30 (SC). For group tickets, contact tickets@.... Remaining tickets will be available at the door. Student $10 discount tickets are available at the door with valid ID.

      The poetry of Khalil Gibran, best known for his work, The Prophet, comes alive in a dramatic oratorio by Syrian-born composer, Kareem Roustom. Join us for the West Coast premiere of Son of Man, presented by the Golden Gate Men's Chorus in collaboration with the Peninsula Women's Chorus. Immerse yourself in the mystical poetry of Gibran's Jesus, the Son of Man in a thunderous setting for chorus, organ, orchestra, and percussion.

      This spring concert will also showcase GGMC in world premieres of music by Canadian composer Leonard Enns and Lithuanian composer Vytautas MiĀškinis. This will be our most exciting season of new music, where East meets West, all sung in San Francisco's own historic landmark, the Mission Dolores Basilica.

      In addition to this concert series, we will also be joining Singers Marin as a guest ensemble for their 25th Anniversary concert in Davies Symphony Hall on April 23rd at 7:30 pm. We will be joining them for Stravinsky's "Symphony of Psalms" and the music of Gwyneth Walker. Please join us for our Davies debut. We are very excited to be joining them for this celebration.

      The GGMC is proud to be supported by the San Francisco Grants for the Arts/SF Hotel Tax Fund, and is a member of GALA Choruses, an international organization of gay- and lesbian-identified and supportive choruses.