Oakland Jazz Choir Soprano Open Auditions April 17

  • Heather Fong
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2013

      Greetings!

      OJC is still looking for  sopranos, S1 & S2 in particular.
      Got a hankering for singing vocal jazz in an ensemble?
      Had some ensemble/choral experience?
      Want to join fellow vocal jazz lovers like yourself in a fun, committed, community atmosphere?

      Well, come on down!

      Please email us at audition@... if interested.

      Our newest Artistic Director Ben Flint is bringing his tremendous jazz experience and background to our group and we look forward to our first performance under his direction.

      Visit-    http://www.oaklandjazzchoir.com/   -our website to find out more about OJC

      JOIN US!
      We love us some JAZZ!

      Auditioning singers

      • Request a questionnaire when you make your audition inquiry.
      • You will be provided with sheet music and a CD for learning your part to an excerpt of one of our tunes, and scheduled a time to return in 1-2wks.  Also prepare a jazz solo piece to perform; (we would like you to try a corresponding scat over the changes).  Please bring sheet music in your proper key.

      What we are looking for:

      • Excellent Pitch / Intonation, Tone, Rhythm
      • Strong feel for syncopation
      • Solid ability to hold harmony part against 3-5 other parts without help from your section
      • Ability to blend vocally with others (singing and listening at the same time)
      • Vocal ensemble experience
      • Music-reading is desirable
      • Team-focused attitude and a love for jazz
      • Commit to weekly Wednesday night rehearsals at the First Unitarian Church in Oakland from 7:30 to 10 pm, private practice on your own, occasional sectional or special rehearsals, make time for gigs.