Auditions for Bay Choral Guild, Mon, Mar 25

  • Loretta Guarino Reid
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2013
      Audition with the Bay Choral Guild for our June concert! The Bay Choral
      Guild has openings for all voices.

      We rehearse Monday nights, 7:30 pm, at First Baptist Church, corner of
      Bryant and California, Palo Alto. Our concerts are in Campbell, San
      Francisco and Palo Alto.

      Auditions are held by appointment. You will be asked to sing a prepared
      piece of any style that shows your vocal ability and musicality (a
      classical selection is preferred), and also do some vocalizing and
      sight-reading. The audition lasts 10-12 minutes. An accompanist will be
      provided.

      Our 2013 June Program:

      June 7, 8, 9: Our American Heritage
      A survey of American choral music from its beginnings to the 21st century,
      featuring works by Copland, Barber, Thompson and Bernstein. We'll finish
      the concert, and our season, with Broadway arrangements, jazz and popular
      favorites. Piano accompaniment.

      Audition Details:
      Date: Monday, Mar 25, 6:30-7:30 pm
      Location:
      First Baptist Church of Palo Alto
      Corner of Bryant and California
      Palo Alto, CA 94301

      To schedule an audition,
      call: 650-493-6012,
      email: auditions@..., or
      visit: <http://www.baychoralguild.org/auditions/>

      About the Bay Choral Guild:

      Bay Choral Guild, under the direction of Sanford Dole, is a 40-voice
      auditioned chorus based in Palo Alto with singers from around the Bay Area.
      It has built a reputation over the years for high-quality performances and
      innovative programming of demanding repertoire from all periods. The Guild
      performs classical vocal repertoire, from Renaissance and Baroque works to
      contemporary. Programs feature local composers and new works on a regular
      basis.

      Additional information about Bay Choral Guild is available at
      http://www.baychoralguild.org/
      You can find audition information on the Bay Choral Guild website,
      http://www.baychoralguild.org/auditions/