Looking for an Acapella group [gig in SF]

  • geoffreyyamasaki
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2012
      Hello,

      My name's Geoff and I'm interested in hiring a fun acapella group to help me propose to my girlfriend. Her name is Alexandra and we're very much in love here in San Francisco. My idea is pretty simple and not the most creative, but of course I hope to make it very special. I plan to take her to a restaurant here in San Francisco and would like to plant some of you at a table near us. At a certain time, I would like for the music to turn off and for you to sing her a song, flash mob style. I'm open to suggestions as to which songs would work, and would like for this to be a fun collaboration. A couple ideas I have are "Dancing in the Moonlight" (her favorite song) and the happy birthday song from the simpsons (remember when the Michael Jackson look alike sang to Lisa...?). But again, you know what sounds good so I'm very open to suggestions. She will be very surprised and excited about the song for her birthday, but even more surprised when I get down on my knee. Ultimately, this will be an easy gig as it will be just one song and I'd be happy to pay for your transportation and meals if you would like to stay and eat after the performance. Her birthday is on Monday, February 18th. Please let me know ASAP if this is something you're interested in and can commit to, as well as your fee. Thanks a lot,

      Geoff
      geoffrey.yamasaki@...
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 10, 2012
        Not meaning to scare people off, but some time ago I was asked to
        supply an a cappella group for exactly this same situation...sing
        a fave song by surprise; guy gets on knee; proposes... The guy,
        whose name I now can't recall, stiffed me w/a bad check and then
        totally disappeared. Meanwhile I had to pay the singers, who of
        course I had under signed indie contracts. If any singers are
        wanting to help Geoff out, I urge you to acquire payment in
        advance.
        KM

        On Mon Dec 10 19:23:20 CST 2012, geoffreyyamasaki
        <geoffrey.yamasaki@...> wrote:

        > Hello, My name's Geoff and I'm interested in hiring a fun
        > acapella group to help me propose to my girlfriend. Her name is
        > Alexandra and we're very much in love here in San Francisco. My
        > idea is pretty simple and not the most creative, but of course I
        > hope to make it very special. I plan to take her to a restaurant
        > here in San Francisco and would like to plant some of you at a
        > table near us. At a certain time, I would like for the music to
        > turn off and for you to sing her a song, flash mob style. I'm
        > open to suggestions as to which songs would work, and would like
        > for this to be a fun collaboration. A couple ideas I have are
        > "Dancing in the Moonlight" (her favorite song) and the happy
        > birthday song from the simpsons (remember when the Michael
        > Jackson look alike sang to Lisa...?). But again, you know what
        > sounds good so I'm very open to suggestions. She will be very
        > surprised and excited about the song for her birthday, but even
        > more surprised when I get down on my knee. Ultimately, this will
        > be an easy gig as it will be just one song and I'd be happy to
        > pay for your transportation and meals if you would like to stay
        > and eat after the performance. Her birthday is on Monday,
        > February 18th. Please let me know ASAP if this is something
        > you're interested in and can commit to, as well as your fee.
        > Thanks a lot, Geoff geoffrey.yamasaki@...

      • Stephen Saxon
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2012

          Listen up.  These are valuable words of advice from one who has been around this stuff longer than almost any of the rest of us.   Whatever Ken says is always worth listening to.  Like E.F. Hutton.

          (Who?)

          ((Whatever happened to E.F. Hutton?*))

          “The sadder but wiser girl for me…” – Meredith Wilson

          - Stephen.

          *Don’t bother looking it up.  Here’s the link for what happened to E.F. Hutton: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._F._Hutton_%26_Co.