VOICES concert April 29 (Oakland, CA)

  • cathychen1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2000
      PRESS RELEASE For Immediate Publication/Calendar Listing

      Voices: Lesbian Choral Ensemble will present an evening of "Songs of Love and
      Freedom: A Celebration of Twelve Years of Singing" on Saturday, April 29,
      2000, at 7:30pm. The concert will be held at the First Presbyterian Church of
      Oakland at 2619 Broadway, near 27th Street.

      The program will feature a cappella musical selections from a wide variety of
      styles and cultures, including folk, jazz, salsa, and contemporary music,
      and an original work written for Voices.

      Admission will be $10 in advance and $12 at the door; seniors and student
      admission will be $8. Tickets will be available from Mama Bears Bookstore in
      Oakland, Boadecia's Bookstore in Colusa, or A Different Light Bookstore in
      San Francisco.

      The concert is wheelchair-accessible, and will be sign-language interpreted.
      We request that audience members refrain from wearing scents.

      For more information, please call 510-486-8984, or check out our web page at
      www.lesbian.org/voices. This concert is funded by Horizons Foundation and Bay
      Area Career Women' s Fund of Our Own.

      Voices is fiscally sponsored by the Institute for Musical Arts.

      VOICES: Lesbian Choral Ensemble
      4043 Piedmont Avenue, Suite 226
      Oakland, CA 94611
      voicemail: 510-486-8984