A Festival of Lessons and Carol - this Saturday, Dec. 1!

  • SFRenaissance Voices
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2012
      WHAT:  A Festival of Lessons and Carol - FREE !
      WHO:  San Francisco Renaissance Voices with tenor Corey Head
      WHEN:  Saturday, December 1 - 7:30 pm
      WHERE:  Seventh Avenue Presbyterian Church, 1329 Seventh Avenue (btwn Judah and Irving Streets), San Francisco
      WEBSITE:  www.SFRV.org

      San Francisco Renaissance Voices starts the holiday season with this tradition that began in 1918 at King's College Cambridge (England).  Our lead tenor Corey Head is bringing students from his vocal studio to join our singers in this festive celebration!  Featured solo pieces include "Rejoice Greatly" from Handel's "Messiah" and Adolphe Adam's exquisite "O Holy Night."  There will be plenty of chances for you to sing carols along with us as well, including favorites such as "O Come All Ye Faithful," "Silent Night" and "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" that traditionally ends the Festival.  A new "tradition" of the festival begun in 1982 is the inclusion of a specially-commissioned carol each year and we are excited to debut a piece by our own Music Director (and published composer), Todd Jolly ... however, we can't tell you what it is; tradition dictates that it's top secret until the night of the Festival!

      This concert is part of Seventh Avenue Performances (www.SevenPerforms.org) Tenth Anniversary Celebration featuring ten free concerts.  No tickets or reservations are necessary - just come and enjoy the concert - and sing along! ######