Ken's new choral work premieres on peninsula

  • Ken Malucelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2012
      Greetings, all.

      I’m very happy to inform you that the estimable Peninsula Cantare is premiering the original version (SATB + piano) of my setting of “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas” on their two upcoming concerts (see below).

      The entire text is set to melodies of beloved carols, with the last verse set to a paraphrase of the opening chorus of Bach’s “Magnificat”, mashed up with the melody of one of the world’s most popular carols, so you get the additional fun of playing the “Hey, isn’t that...?” game.

      The concert also includes works by Brahms, Lauridsen, Whitacre, Hogan and Rutter.  I’ll be attending both performances, so I hope you can join me.  Here are the details:
      Fri. Nov. 30, 7pm, Messiah Lutheran Ch., 1835 Valota Rd., Redwood City,
      Sun. Dec. 2, 2pm, Trinity Presbyterian Ch., 1106 Alameda d.l.Plgs., San Carlos.

      For more details: PeninsulaCantare.org.
      Cheers,
      Ken Malucelli