Re: [ba-acappella] Blue Diamond Request

  • Red Devil Chorus
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 3, 2012
      So well written it should be an auto response sent out by all groups, schools included, especially at this time of year when all those 'do you have some people that could sing some Christmas songs at our party?'  requests come trickling into our e and vmail boxes

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 2, 2012, at 10:52 AM, "Stephen Saxon" <stephen@...> wrote:

      John,

      Likely candidates (the links may be way out of date, but you can do that further level of research):

      ·        Someone very local (a small fee isn’t worth traveling far)

      ·        Check with a local Barbershop or Sweet Adelines chapter

      ·        Golden Valley Chorus:

      o   Vice President of Chapter Development, Mike Boyd   vpdevelopment@..., 209-599-4820

      o   Greg Hedges   ghedges@..., 209 825-3275, ext. 795 (baritone section leader, Golden Valley Chorus, SPEBSQSA)

      o   Modesto - HisStory IV (men's quartet), Bob Greenhalgh 209/527-4349

      o   Modesto - Collaboration (men's quartet), 209/838-7860 LEOVAN@...

      ·        A high school or college group (always raising funds for something, good singers, good way to support the community)

      o   http://mcs.monet.k12.ca.us/default.aspx

      o   Modesto Jr. College Music Department 209.575.6081

      A better idea would be to treat this as a professional need and budget accordingly.  You wouldn’t look for amateurs or volunteers to fix the plumbing, set up the convention floor, offer executive professional development, or maintain your plant’s machinery.  You’d probably even be comfortable hiring professional caterers to provide the meals for your gathering.

      A fee of $800 - $1,600 for 4, 6, or 8 consultants / professionals to show up at an appointed time, dressed appropriately, and work in a very specialized field for 30 - 60 minutes would not be an unreasonable budget item for most events or corporations.

      You should be able to find amateurs or hobbyists who would be willing to do this, but you won’t be sorry if you hire true professionals.

      That’s my $0.02, and I mean this in the most positive way possible.

      Best of luck,

      Stephen.