RE: [ba-acappella] Explanation Requested: "God Bless America" in the Key of WTF#?

  • John Wagaman
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 2, 2012

      Greetings:

      I’m John and have followed with interest this conversation.  I work in Sacramento for a company called Blue Diamond Growers.  We are seeking a brave acappella group to sing the National anthem at our annual meeting being held in Modesto on Nov. 14th at Noon.  About 1200 people would be in attendance.

      Have you advice on how I might proceed in obtaining a likely group?  A small payment would be offered to the group, along with a meal.

      Thanks.

      John Wagaman

      Sales Manager

      1802 C Street

      Sacramento, Ca.  95811

      P. 916-446-8334

      F. 916-446-8422

      C. 916-712-3849

      jwagaman@...

      cid:C4142918-ABAB-4656-813C-0ED41824E50A

      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 2, 2012

        John,

        Likely candidates (the links may be way out of date, but you can do that further level of research):

        ·        Someone very local (a small fee isn’t worth traveling far)

        ·        Check with a local Barbershop or Sweet Adelines chapter

        ·        Golden Valley Chorus:

        o   Vice President of Chapter Development, Mike Boyd   vpdevelopment@..., 209-599-4820

        o   Greg Hedges   ghedges@..., 209 825-3275, ext. 795 (baritone section leader, Golden Valley Chorus, SPEBSQSA)

        o   Modesto - HisStory IV (men's quartet), Bob Greenhalgh 209/527-4349

        o   Modesto - Collaboration (men's quartet), 209/838-7860 LEOVAN@...

        ·        A high school or college group (always raising funds for something, good singers, good way to support the community)

        o   http://mcs.monet.k12.ca.us/default.aspx

        o   Modesto Jr. College Music Department 209.575.6081

        A better idea would be to treat this as a professional need and budget accordingly.  You wouldn’t look for amateurs or volunteers to fix the plumbing, set up the convention floor, offer executive professional development, or maintain your plant’s machinery.  You’d probably even be comfortable hiring professional caterers to provide the meals for your gathering.

        A fee of $800 - $1,600 for 4, 6, or 8 consultants / professionals to show up at an appointed time, dressed appropriately, and work in a very specialized field for 30 - 60 minutes would not be an unreasonable budget item for most events or corporations.

        You should be able to find amateurs or hobbyists who would be willing to do this, but you won’t be sorry if you hire true professionals.

        That’s my $0.02, and I mean this in the most positive way possible.

        Best of luck,

        Stephen.

[...]

          <image002.jpg><image003.jpg>

          Rich Cook

          "What is most personal is most general."
          -- Carl Rogers

        • Red Devil Chorus