Oakland: Come sing with East Bay Harmony
- View SourceCome sing with East Bay Harmony, an Oakland-based a cappella chorus established in 1999. Men especially encouraged.
We rehearse weekly and exist to promote the fun of singing together and building community through music making.
Our Fall session begins on SEPTEMBER 10th!
THE BASIC INFO
- No audition required - all adults welcome!
- No music reading skill required!
- Super fun, friendly community, low-pressure environment
- Eclectic, all a cappella repertoire
- We provide easy-to use online tools for helping you learn your part quickly and accurately
- Periodic performances in the community throughout the year in addition to our big “Friends and Family” concert in the Spring
- Weekly post-chorus small group harmony singing sessions
WHAT WE SING
Our repertoire has included jazz, pop, blues, rock, R&B, folk, and spirituals, and is chosen democratically each year by the chorus membership.
Here’s a sample of what we’ve sung recently:
“Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” (Temptations)
An ABBA Medley
“Crazy Little Thing Called Love” (Queen)
“Don’t Know Why” (Norah Jones)”
“Down in the River to Pray” (Spiritual)
“Fields of Gold” (Sting)
“I Feel Fine” (Beatles)
“I’m Yours” (Jason Mraz)
“Modern Major General” (Gilbert & Sullivan)
“Puttin’ on the Ritz” (Irving Berlin)
“Route 66” (Bobby Troupe)
“Under the Sea” (from “The Little Mermaid”)
WHEN: Monday nights from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
WHERE: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 114 Montecito Ave., Oakland
(across from Lake Merritt)
We're not affiliated with the church; we just rent space there.
Your first month is free! After that we charge $30/month for membership dues that help us exist, The dues go toward paying our director, renting rehearsal and performance space and purchasing things like risers, sound systems, etc.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Check out our website: http://www.eastbayharmony.org
- Call East Bay Harmony Director Mark Bernfield at (510) 435-5236
- Just reply to this post.