Jazz at the Chimes presents The Oakland Jazz Choir Sunday July 15th, 2-5 pm

  • Heather Fong
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2012

      Summer Greetings!

      Come spend a lovely afternoon with Oakland's own Oakland Jazz Choir Sunday, July 15th, 2-5 pm as part of  the Jazz at the Chimes music series.

      The beautiful Chapel of the Chimes in Oakland will be our gorgeous backdrop for this community choir of 13 dynamic vocalists backed by our kickin' jazz trio.
      When you come to Jazz at the Chimes you not only hear some great jazz performed by the best local artists, but you also see some of the most beautiful architecture in Oakland. Julia Morgan baby!

      After the show there are sweet treats provided by La Farine Boulangerie/Patisserie and Piedmont Grocery.
      All for a very low ticket price of $10-$15!

      We'd love to see you! Vocal jazz as you've never heard it!

      We will offer brilliant renditions of classic and contemporary jazz, including a compelling take on Pat Metheny‚Äôs
      April Joy and Minuano, a new spin on an 80's classic Everybody Wants to Rule the World,
      and a sassy, original arrangement of Hoagy Carmichael's Lazybones as well as some a cappella gems.

      Featuring Walter Bankovitch,
      piano; Fred Randolph, bass and
      Greg German, drums.