Bay Choral Guild Auditions for June 2012 Concert

  • Loretta Guarino Reid
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2012
      Experienced singers are invited to audition with the Bay Choral Guild for
      our Spring 2012 program, Rachmaninov's All Night Vigil. This is one of
      Rachmaninov’s favorite compositions, a powerful, richly melodic setting
      of texts taken from the Russian Orthodox All-night vigil ceremony.

      There are openings for all voices. Rehearsals are Monday evenings from
      7:30-10:00 pm at First United Methodist Church, Palo Alto. Our concerts are
      on June 8, 9 and 10.

      Auditions are held by appointment. You will be asked to sing a prepared
      piece of any style that shows your vocal ability and musicality (a
      classical selection is preferred), and also do some vocalizing and
      sight-reading. The audition lasts 10-12 minutes. An accompanist will be
      provided.

      Audition Details:
      Date: Monday, March 18, 7:00-7:30 pm
      Location: First United Methodist Church of Palo Alto
      Kohlstedt Hall
      Corner of Hamilton and Webster
      Palo Alto, CA 94301

      To schedule an audition,
      call: 650-493-6012,
      email: auditions@..., or
      visit: <http://www.baychoralguild.org/audition.shtml>

      About the Bay Choral Guild:

      Bay Choral Guild, under the direction of Sanford Dole, is a 40-voice
      auditioned chorus based in Palo Alto with singers from around the Bay Area.
      It has built a reputation over the years for high-quality performances and
      innovative programming of demanding repertoire from all periods. The Guild
      performs classical vocal repertoire, from Renaissance and Baroque works to
      contemporary. Programs feature local composers and new works on a regular
      basis.

      Additional information about Bay Choral Guild is available at
      http://baychoralguild.org/
      You can find audition information on the Bay Choral Guild website,
      http://baychoralguild.org/auditions

      Bay Choral Guild is part of the Foothill College Performing Arts Alliance
      whereby singers receive 1 hour college credit per quarter from Foothill
      College.