Third Thursday women's open mic March 15

  • Janet Rachel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012

      Join us March 15 for Third Thursday women's open mic talent showcase at Montclair Women's Cultural Arts, 1650 Mountain Blvd. in Oakland, corner of Mountain and Thornhill off Hwy. 13, 7:30 pm. 510-654-4088 for info.  $ 7 - 10 sliding scale at the door.

      Open mic spots fill up fast.  See info. below about how to sign up.  This is an all-women event (audience and performers) and all women are welcome to an upbeat community gathering to connect with old friends, meet new ones, and enjoy fantastic entertainment.

      This month's feature will be LISA FERRARO AND ERIKA LUCKETT.  Fusing earthiness with the transcendent, Lisa and Erika give birth to music born of the earth and destined for the heavens. These two extraordinarily talented artists are far more than the sum of their parts and the music they create offers a feast of Sonic Nourishment. Fire and honey. Lightning and gold. Their combined voices blend so seamlessly we forget there are two of them, and Erika’s multi-faceted guitar playing is so versatile that one instrument becomes a funk band or a trio of flamenco playing gypsies. Their unique blend of world inspired, jazz infused, heart opening music has led them on performances around the world -  the 2009 Parliament of World’s Religions in Melbourne, Australia; collaborating with Shaik Kabir Helminski and Turkish musicians in Istanbul; the National Women’s Music Festival. Together, these two artists (dubbed “The Ambassadors of Kindness”) offer a powerful bolt of goodness. Their stunning level of artistry, passion and intelligence come together to create a transformative musical experience.  <www.lisaanderika.com>

      AND...the heart and soul of Third Thursday: YOU, either as performer or audience member.  Drop in for some laughs, songs, poems, prose, instruments, spoken word, and any other talents you have.    Each performer has 5 minutes to do their thing.  It is an evening rich with entertainment.

      For PERFORMANCE SIGN-UP email <janetrac@...>, and arrive before 7:30 to check in.  Show is from 7:30 to 10:00 with an intermission.  Spaces are limited so we can end at 10:00, allowing our volunteer crew to get home at a decent hour and keeping the neighbors happy.   A cappella, acoustic, or plugged in are all welcome.  We have a sound system.

       ARTISTS AND AUTHORS:  If you are a visual artist or author, contact Janet at janetrac@... for information about showing and selling your art or books at Third Thursday.

      Thank you for keeping this event scent-free.  Event is wheelchair accessible.  Let me know at <janetrac@...> if you need disabled access parking *one day in advance.*

       Janet Rachel, Host/MC

      Third Thursday Women's Talent Showcase