Schola Adventus free concert THIS WEEKEND, San Francisco

  • juderaven1
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2012

      The first concert in the Third Sunday Series 2012 season is THIS WEEKEND - Schola Adventus in concert !

      Sunday February 19 4 PM

      SCHOLA ADVENTUS directed by Paul M. Ellison

      Jennifer Ashworth, soprano; Lauren Carley, contralto

      Kevin Baum, tenor; David Alban, alto/tenor; James Monios, bass

      Admission by donation

      Hosted reception following the concert

      PROGRAM

      Ave Regina Caelorum—Tomás Luis de Victoria

      Three Settings of the Lord's Prayer

      Our Father Which Art in Heaven—John Sheppard

      Pater Noster—Igor Stravinsky

      Notre Père, Op. 14, No. 4—Maurice Duruflé

      Four Motets, Op. 10—Duruflé

      "Ubi caritas"

      "Tota pulchra es"

      "Tu es Petrus"

      "Tantum ergo"

      Motet: Trahe Me Post Te—Victoria

      Missa Trahe Me Post Te—Victoria

      Kyrie—Gloria—Credo—Sanctus/Benedictus—Agnus Dei

              Church of the Advent

              261 Fell St. San Francisco

              between Gough & Franklin

           Civic Center BART Van Ness MUNI

           Easy Street Parking

      Bay Bridge closed ? BART is fast and convenient. We'll make it worth your while with a great concert and a festive reception !

      Schola Adventus is a professional choral ensemble specializing in Renaissance polyphony, with a a reputation as one of the Bay Area's premier a cappella choirs.

      They are the resident choir at Church of the Advent of Christ the King, under the direction of Paul M. Ellison.