Ro Sham Bo: are you an ALTO?

  • RoShamBo
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2012
      Are you ready to sing ALTO this year?

      By becoming a member of a super-tight, small, a cappella group that has been a bay area staple for more than 15 years. Imagine yourself as a part of a fun and reliable group that performs extremely challenging and interesting charts, gigs approximately once a month, rehearses once a week, and loves to sing.

      AUDITIONS ARE BEING SCHEDULED RIGHT NOW for the position of ALTO!

      If you have experience singing jazz, have at least two years of experience singing in a small ensemble, are motivated and excited to sing challenging charts, and are looking for a fresh new project, Ro Sham Bo is calling you! Ro Sham Bo is a six-voice, mixed a cappella group that performs original arrangements of jazz, Latin, funk, and pop. We're an award winning group based in the Oakland hills.

      Sound interesting? The next step is to listen to some of the music we've been working on recently, to make sure we sing the kind of music YOU enjoy! You can listen here:
      http://www.roshambosings.com/

      Or
      http://www.youtube.com/user/RoshamboSings/
      Or
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ro-Sham-Bo/325654522343/

      If you're interested, please email us at roshambosings@... with the following information:

      1. Your jazz singing experience
      2. Your experience singing in a small vocal ensemble
      3. Your sight reading experience
      4. Your vocal range (approximate is fine)
      5. Include an mp3 or link to an example of a solo you have sung
      6. Include an mp3 or link to an example of a song you sang background in
      7. Your availablilty to rehearse Tuesday nights in Oakland from 7 - 10 p.m. and gig monthly

      Thanks for your interest! We hope to hear from you soon!

      Ro Sham Bo
      (Audrey Kauffman, Bonnie Doyle, Seth Herring, Ben Fendel, Ryan Tomko and YOUR NAME HERE)