EXPRESSWAY needs a tenor and a soprano!

  • musica_muse
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2012
      EXPRESSWAY is looking for new talent! We need to add a tenor (possibly two) and a true soprano to our SATB a cappella mix. We are currently 7 people strong.

      We are a friendly bunch of people who met over the internet. Our goal is to learn and occasionally perform a cappella. We've currently been together for almost three years. Our ages, cultures, and singing experience are mixed. We practice Sunday evenings from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm near the corner of Homestead and Wolfe roads in Sunnyvale. Regular attendance at practices is really important to us.

      We perform a few times a year in cafes, retirement homes, and at private parties. We don't have a definitive "sound" yet, but have learned a fair amount of doo wap, some mild jazz, and a few contemporary tunes, as well as popular songs from groups like the Beatles. We are open to learning your favorites as well.

      We welcome anyone from beginners to seasoned performers with strong singing voices to come meet us and see if we are a good fit. Not required, but super-extra-bonus points given to anyone with any of these skills: piano playing, directing, song arranging, choreographing (we do a tiny bit now, but would like to do a little bit more), or vocal instructing. Anyone with simple recording equipment so we can hear ourselves on playback would also be very welcomed (we lost that when we lost our tenor!).

      Please call or email to arrange to come sing with us. Don't be nervous, we're really nice!

      Michelle
      408 280-1018