Introduction to Barbershop

  • Timothy Lynch
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2011
      Admit it. You've always wondered what it would be like to sing in a barbershop quartet. Here's your chance!

      Please join the SF Cable Car Chorus and our director, Charles Feltman, as he instructs our guests on the basics of barbershop singing, covering such topics as:

      - a brief introduction to the history of barbershop music, the Barbershop Harmony Society, and San Francisco's own Cable Car Chorus

      - fundamentals of good vocal production

      - singing barbershop: the four parts and how they work together to create beautiful harmony

      You'll be paired up with an experienced barbershopper who will help you learn and sing a song in four-part barbershop harmony!

      This special event will be held in the Sunset district of San Francisco on Wednesday, December 28th, 2011, at 7:30pm.

      Please RSVP to let us know if you're interested. If you'd like to come but this date doesn't work for you, let us know; we may hold a second session.

      Take advantage of this holiday opportunity to have a little musical fun and perhaps learn something new!