Weinachtsfest - a Baroque Christmas

  • Mary Holzer
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2011
      Bay Choral Guild Presents:

      Weinachtsfest:
      A Festive Baroque Christmas with Orchestra and Soloists!

      Dec. 9 and 10, Palo Alto and San Francisco

      With trumpets blazing, Bay Choral Guild’s December concert honors the roots of our organization in a visit to the Baroque era. Join us as we present C.P.E. Bach’s Magnificat and J.S. Bach’s Christmas Oratorio, Cantatas I and VI. The BCG chorus will be joined by four stellar vocal soloists and the wonderful Jubilate Baroque Orchestra. Both works feature glorious melodies, ecstatic trumpets, and a musical offering from the entire ensemble that traverses the gamut of the emotions of the Advent experience — Mary’s acceptance of her role in the birth of Christ, the intimacy of the nativity and the joy of the angelic heralds.

      Our soloists are Helene Zindarsian, soprano, Dianne Terp, alto, John Davey-Hatcher, tenor, and Jeff Fields, baritone, all highly regarded local singers who perform regularly around the Bay Area. The Jubilate Baroque Orchestra, David Wilson, concertmaster, will accompany us on period instruments. Both works feature glorious melodies and plenty of musical fireworks from the entire cast!

      Where and when:
      Palo Alto:
      Friday, December 9, 8:00 pm
      First United Methodist Church
      165 Hamilton Ave.

      San Francisco:
      Saturday, December 10, 8:00 pm
      St. Gregory of Nyssa Episcopal
      500 De Haro at Mariposa

      There will be a pre-concert lecture 30 minutes prior to each performance.

      Tickets: General $25 Seniors $20 Students

      For Tickets and Further Information:
      Visit www.baychoralguild.org or email info@....
      More about soloists and orchestra:
      http://baychoralguild.org/concert-extras/soloistsdec2011/