New Barbershop Young Men's Chorus in South/East Bay!

  • barbershopsinger88
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2011
      Basically, We Want You to Come Sing with Us.
      Are you a former or current choral or a cappella singer in search of a new outlet for your dazzling voice? Or maybe you sing in a band that performs on campus every now and then? Or maybe you're just a guy with a good voice who never really thought about pursuing it before? Are you under the age of 30? Then Pacific Standard might be the perfect ensemble for you!

      How's that for a marketing pitch?

      But seriously, we're a new young men's chorus (under the age of 30 for our barbershop competition reasons) in the Bay Area that hopes to offer a fun singing environment, learning opportunity, and circle of friends for anyone who's interested in joining. We're comprised of Stanford, Berkeley, and San Jose State guys right now—along with a few graduated young professionals at Google and other companies in the area—and we'd love for you to come out and join us at one of our rehearsals this fall. Who knows, you might even like it! See our
      fashionably minimalistic website (read: hastily developed website) for more information on tentative rehearsal dates, times, and locations. We're also planning to hold some coaching sessions with influential barbershop chorus directors from all over Northern California in the coming months (barbershop is just one of many genres we're planning to tackle with this group), so be sure to jump on board soon if you want to learn from the best of the best!

      I'll leave you with a video of a similar group from LA singing the bejeezus out of "It Only Takes a Moment" (from Wall-E/Hello Dolly) in their gold-medal performance at the 2010 International Barbershop Chorus Competition. THAT is the caliber we're going for. Come help us achieve it!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkyHypo-pPs

      Email me at tycjones10@... if you're interested.

      In harmony,
      Ty Jones

      P.S. Unfortunately, as this is a young men's ensemble, we're only targeting young men with this email (ONLY because the competition that we participate in limits the age to 30 or younger). Ladies and men interested in checking it out, you are more than welcome to come out and have some fun/learn a thing or two if you're interested! Lord knows we'd love to have you. :)