San Francisco Renaissance Voices Concerts November 6, 12 and 13

  • Reginald Foghorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2011
      Dear Friends!

      This year's opening concert with San Francisco Renaissance Voices is full of incredibly gorgeous, ear-appealing polyphonic choral repertoire from some of the Renaissance most famous, celebrating the House of the Medici.  The singers are all particularly wonderful musicians and the group sound is positively transcending!

      Please see all details here as to the where and when and how to purchase tickets and I hope to see you at one of the venues.

      Annual Office of the Dead Concerts
      REQUIEM FOR 3 MURDERED PRINCESSES

      November 6 - 4:00 pm
      All Saints' Episcopal Church
      555 Waverly Street
      Palo Alto
      November 12 - 7:30 pm
      Seventh Avenue Performances
      1329 Seventh Avenue

      San Francisco
      November 13 - 2:00 pm
      St. John's Presbyterian Church
      2727 College Avenue
      Berkeley

      The legendary House of the Medici was as full of triumph as it was tragedy; especially symbolized by the murders of the three princesses, Maria, Lucrezia & Isabella, daughters of the Duke Cosimo, at the hands of their husbands.  We perform our eighth annual Office of the Dead concerts for these princesses with a composite mass inspired by the mass performed for their father at his funeral.  Included is music by Carlo Gesualdo, Francesco Sponza Usper & music by the Medici as well, including that of Isabella whose ghost is rumored to still appear in the castle where she was murdered and features the Requiem of Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina (1525-1594).

      Tickets can be obtained via this link: www.sfrv.org/CONTACT_US.html

      Kind regards,

      Twila Ehmcke
      Mezzo-Soprano