Santa Cruz: Pacific Voices seeks Music Director

  • Antonina Hines
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2011

    If you or anyone you know may be interested, please see the attached job description and application. Thank you!

    In harmony,

    Antonina Hines

    About Pacific Voices

    The popular ad powerful Pacific Voices is a community choir in its 18th season, whose 50 plus members draw from all over Santa Cruz County. Pacific Voices specializes in preserving and celebrating choral and folk music from traditions around the world. Founded in 1994 by award-winning choral director, Josh Gitomer, and recently led  by renowned choral director, Meri Pezzoni, the choir has performed to critical acclaim and enthusiastic audiences, at venues throughout the Monterey Bay area. We are a choir dedicated to promoting peace and bridging barriers between cultures through our music, which ranges from Renaissance to Rock, Kirtan to Celtic,  Baroque to Barbershop, and Gregorian to Gospel. The choir is a strong community, with a commitment to spreading the joy of music through our concerts, at church services, memorials, weddings, and benefits.  We perform two main concerts each year, a Winter Concert in December and a Spring Concert in May. For more information, please go to www.pacificvoices.org.

    Purpose Statement

    Pacific Voices is a community choir whose purpose is to bring together singers for a joyous and supportive choral and social experience. Through our music, our loving connection and the honoring of diverse musical and spiritual traditions, we inspire audiences and each other in a way that enriches all our lives.