Singers' Sandbox at Burning Man

  • Jamie & Renata
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24 1:43 AM
      Hey there singing burners!

      We are taking the Singers' Sandbox to the playa next week, and we'd love to play with you out there. If you're going to Burning Man and looking for a vocal music outlet, want to do some barbershop tag singing, circle singing, learn how to care for your playafied throat, or just want to hang out, come visit us!

      We'll be making music at the Singers' Sandbox Camp on the 3:00 outer public plaza, near K.

      Our events will continue to build throughout the week, but on the books right now we're doing:

      - Monday Aug 29, 5-6 pm: "The Songs of the Day" [lecture and discussion on copyright, fair use, and 'remix culture'] at Singers' Sandbox camp
      - Tuesday Aug 30, sunrise: Vocal jamming at the temple
      - Tuesday Aug 30, 10 - 11:20am: Circle singing at Heebee Geebee Healers camp
      - Thursday Sept 1, sunrise: Vocal jamming at the temple during The White Processional
      - Friday Sept 2, 10pm: Rites tea service around the campfire at Singers' Sandbox camp
      - Saturday Sept 3, 2 - 3:45pm: Circle singing at Heebee Geebee Healers camp

      Other singing things that are going on:

      - Madi's soulful Playa Choir, rehearsing Wednesday - Saturday 10am - noon; performances throughout the week, grand finale performance on Sunday
      - the inevitable barbershop tag singing, around our camp and after Playa Choir rehearsals
      - Deplayafy Your Instrument workshop, location and time TBD [check at Playa Info]

      Hope to sing with you out in the true sandbox that is Black Rock City!

      Cheers,
      Renata

      --
      Singers' Sandbox
      singerssandbox@...

      ...transcending notes and words to make music with voice...