Peninsula Women's Chorus Auditions Aug 18 and 24

  • annchw650
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011

      The renowned 50-voice Peninsula Women’s Chorus (PWC) is looking for experienced singers to join us for our 45th anniversary season.

      We perform classical and contemporary music in the Bay Area and many parts of the world. Committed to excellence in the performance of diverse and challenging choral literature for women's voices, the award-winning PWC has come to national and international attention through live performance and recordings and has added significantly to the choral literature by commissioning new music.

      All voice parts considered.

      Auditions are Thursday, August 18 and Wednesday, August 24th by appointment only, or other dates by arrangement.  Rehearsals are Monday evenings in Palo Alto.

      For more information or to schedule an audition,
      call: (650) 327-3095
      email: auditions@...
      visit: www.pwchorus.org

      Highlights from our upcoming winter concerts include a thrilling Gloria Kajoniesnsis by Levente Gyöngyösi, music from the Iberian Peninsula, The Carol of the Rose and Alleluia by Randall Thompson, In terra pax by Jasinski, a gorgeous Poulenc Ave Maria from the opera Dialogue of the Carmelites, and the beloved Biebl Ave Maria.

      In the spring we will host the fifth annual New Music for Treble Voices Festival in Palo Alto, joined by Piedmont East Bay Children’s Choir, Volti, and Musae from San Francisco. The festival will include Fruit Offerings, a world premiere by Eric Tuan, based on texts by Bengali poet Rabindranath Tagore.

      Our May concerts will span several centuries of music, from Claude Le Jeune to Debussy to the present day. We will include a set of American music based on e.e.cummings poetry, the primal spells of Lebic’s Urok, and a world premiere to celebrate our 45th anniversary.