AUDITIONS for Pacific Masterworks Chorus upcoming season

  • maxie24@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2011

      The Pacific Masterworks Chorus will begin auditions for its second season under the superb leadership of Dr Greg Lyne. We are a mixed choral ensemble, devoted to high quality performance, embracing a wide variety of works both a cappella and accompanied, with an emphasis on American choral music.

      The auditions are open to singers with previous choral experience, particularly altos, tenors and basses.

      Audition dates: Wednesdays August 31, September 7 and 14

      (A prepared audition piece is not essential)

      Location: John Knox Presbyterian Church, 7421 Amarillo Rd, Dublin.

      Time: 6:30pm - 7:15pm

      The chorus has regular rehearsals every Wednesday, and you are invited to attend our preliminary rehearsals on August 17 & 24 at 7:30pm.

      Pacific Masterworks Chorus Winter program will include Beethoven's Choral Fantasy to be performed with the Livermore-Amador Symphony and also in our own Winter concert.  Additional repertoire includes Copland's `Promise of Living' and Conrad Susa's lovely collection of `Lullabies and Carols' plus other notable repertoire.

      Contact us at auditions@....