going to burning man? want to sing in a choir?

  • madis_service
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2011
      Hey there bay area singing folk...

      Kathleen (aka madi) here, inviting you to come sing in the Black Rock City Playa Choir...

      Yep, burning man has a choir and this will be our 6th year on the playa.

      If you happen to be coming to the burn, happen to be a choir person, happen to want to sing out in 100 degree + heat, then sing for a Sunday service, then contact me!!

      Our service is non-denominational, we are a playa-style sunday morning music-inspired "service" where we have music, testimonials, a Bezerkely-fied sermon, and even a communion, but most of all, we have real singing, that has been rehearsed all week. And we've created quite a community of people from all over the world, that come together to sing, to make music, to uplift, to create a pivotal moment at the event.

      sound cool?

      oh hell yeah...well, then, email me back with your interest and your email and I will send you all the details and music you will need to get prepared for a totally unique choir experience, unlike any choir you have ever sung in...!!!

      In case you need a visual, here are some links to our years past performances and practices...

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-7TiPkMrE8

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAdkVIfFzpE&feature=related

      This year, our music consists of:

      2 Original compositions named:

      Even When I Fall (kinda gospel-influenced 12/8 soulful tune with a rocking solo...)

      Nothin' but Miracles (up-tempo closer, inspirational, with a 4 part break-down and a rocking solo...)
      (both written by my hand with help from those little fairy angels..)

      and...

      Encourage My Soul trad. gospel tune, all choir, no solo...our new repeating tune we will do every year...

      and

      "I get by with a little help from my friends'
      by the Beatles, arranged by famous bay area a cappella arranger, Eric Freeman formally of Clockwork, Acaplaya and from Pacific Mozart Ensemble...

      And for our more experienced choir singer, we are adding the Norman Luboff arrangement of Deep River...

      If you are coming to the burn and looking for a place to share your choir skills, email me and I'll send you all the info you need!

      With love,

      Madi

      aka
      Kathleen
      formerly of SOTA, SFSU, and OEBGMC, Where's Gesualdo? and still with Acaplaya...now goofing off at the University of Miami for a dip in some serious humidity and non-bay-area life...Lord help me...!